Dear CAS Society member,
Each year, the members of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS) elect several members of the Executive Committee to serve the Society starting at the beginning of the following year. This year we are electing members for the following officer positions. The persons elected to these positions will serve the Society for the 2022-2023 term:
- Vice President - Conferences
- Vice President - Technical Activities
- Vice President - Regional and Membership Activities
- President Elect (Will serve as President Elect 2022-2023, President 2024-2025, Past President 2025-2026)
Descriptions of the duties of these officers and eligibility criteria can be found in the CASS Constitution and Bylaws.
CASS is a professional volunteer-based organization. It is essential that we elect energetic and engaged leaders who will organize activities that will meet the needs of the entire Circuits and Systems community and who will guide our Society into the future. As a CASS member, you are in an excellent position to know the strengths of your fellow members and how they can best serve our community. As you consider potential nominees, please take into account that CASS wishes to promote diversity in every possible dimension. As such, CASS would love to receive nominations that also complete the current composition of its Executive Committee with respect to, to name a few, technical, gender, and geographic diversity.
Complete candidate nominations must be received by close of business (5:00 pm EDT) on 1 November 2021 (final extension), in order to be considered.
There are two options for adding nominees to the election slate. Nominators should indicate which of the following two options they prefer.
- The first option is to nominate by petition. The CASS Bylaws regarding the nomination petition process states: “Nomination petitions for the officers appointed by the Board of Governors require signatures from at least 22% of the voting members of the Board of Governors. The petition must be submitted to the Nominations Committee, together with the biography and position statement of the candidate..." Please contact the Society Operations Manager prior to 8 October 2021 should you care to nominate an individual by petition.
- The second option involves the Nominations Committee, which may also place candidates on the ballot at its discretion.
A complete nomination must include all items indicated by an asterisk in the nomination form. These items include data for the Candidate and the Nominator, a Candidate Photo, a Candidate Position Statement (limited to 1500 words), and a Candidate Biography (limited to 700 words), which needs to describe the most important contributions of the candidate (for CASS or in other organizations) which makes him/her particularly suitable for the specific position he/she is running for.
The nomination form must be submitted by 1 November 2021 (final extension) through the CASS website to Yong Lian, Chair of the CASS Nominations Committee.
The Nominations Committee greatly encourages you to recommend suitable candidates for these elections. Our strength as a society is not only in our engineering expertise but also in our societal spirit including the sharing of information with each other. This we can do best when we have a strong organization with engaged members.