IEEE Open Journal of Circuits and Systems
Submission Deadline: 21 July 2022
The advent of modern power electronics has brought tremendous impact on emerging power systems. In an emerging smart grid, as the number of inverter- and converter-based devices increases to more than hundreds of thousands, it is rather intuitive that the state-of-the-art technical solutions and industry practices will no longer be sustainable. The combination of power electronics and advanced control technologies serve as the key enabler of a wide range of smart grid applications. While tremendous progress has been made in advancing the standalone power electronics technologies, much less attention has been paid to bridging the gap between traditionally disjoint research areas – power electronics, power systems, and intelligent control – ultimately facilitating the vision of 100% carbon-neutral energy systems come to fruition. There is a growing interest in the concepts of power electronics-enabled power systems around the world. The proposed Special Section (SS) invites a broad spectrum of contributors (e.g., academics, researchers, engineers, consultants, market regulators and system operators, key policymakers) to define and develop the interdisciplinary technical approaches collectively. The SS solicits original research papers that target at, but are not restricted to, the following topics. It is worth noting that this SS places an emphasis on addressing the mutual research interests of academics and industry. Hence, interdisciplinary research and real-world-problem-driven research topics are of particular interest of this SS. Submissions from industry are highly encouraged.
- Grid integration of grid-forming converters/inverters for smart grid applications.
- Modeling, simulation, analysis, and experiment of power electronics components for smart grid applications.
- Novel power electronics applications to support high penetration of distributed renewable resources.
- Reliability, resilience, and stability study of power electronic converters for smart grid applications.
- Testbed, proof-of-concept demonstrations, pilot projects, and real-world implementation.
- New business models and economic analysis of power-electronics-enabled distribution networks.
- Innovative education and training activities for promoting emerging power electronics technologies and developing a pipeline of future power electronics engineers.
The Publication Fees/Article Processing Charges (APCs) for the accepted papers will be completely subsidized by the CAS Society. Hence these publications will be completely free of charge to the authors.
- Manuscript submission deadline: 21 July 2022
- First-round revision notification due: 6 September 2022
- Revised manuscripts due: 27 September 2022
- Second-round revision notification due: 25 October 2022
- Final manuscript due: 22 November 2022
- Online publication: December 2022
Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts must be submitted online using the IEEE OJCAS Manuscript Template via Manuscript Central at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/oj-cas During submission, the answer to question “Type” in Step 1 of the submission process, is “power electronics”.
IEEE Open Journal of Circuits and Systems is a new gold fully open access journal that publishes high-quality, peer-reviewed papers covering the theory, analysis, design, tools, and implementation of circuits and systems. This includes their theoretical foundations, applications, and architectures, as well as circuits and systems implementation of algorithms for signal and information processing.