Join our Editorial Board as an Associate Editor
IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers (TCAS-1) is the flagship journal of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, covering areas related to integrated circuits and systems. Its IF (impact factor) in 2020 is 3.61. The journal has been seeing a sharp increase in submissions and is recruiting 20 to 25 new Associate Editors as a complement to the current Editorial Board. We encourage applications from researchers with a background in any of the following disciplines:
- Analog and Mixed Mode Circuits and Systems
- Computer-Aided Design and Electronic Design Automation
- Circuits and Systems for Communications
- Control Theory Topics in Circuits and Systems
- Digital Circuits and Systems and VLSI
- Nonlinear Circuits and Systems
- Power Systems and Electronic Circuits
- Signal Processing
1) Candidates should have a minimum of three papers published in TCAS-1.
2) Preference is given to candidates with a doctoral degree and two years of working experience in circuits and systems after graduation.
3) We expect candidates to have permanent positions in industrial companies or research institutions/universities. Female researchers are welcomed.
4) This position demands a certain amount of time, so candidates should be able to devote the necessary time.
Role and responsibilities
1) TCAS-1 Associate Editors will typically serve for a two-year term. The position is voluntary.
2) The Associate Editor is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements, and recommending decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while complying with the journal’s editorial policies.
3) An Associate Editor for TCAS-1 should be engaged and willing to process at least 3-5 new papers per month in his/her field of expertise.
4) TCAS-1 Associate Editors will receive detailed AE instructions, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CV and a cover letter including a statement of motivation, previous editorial or reviewing experience, vision for the journal and involvement in research related to circuits and systems to email@example.com by 15 October 2021. Any questions about this post can be directed to this email. We expect to conclude the recruitment process on 1 December 2021.
Thank you for your interest!